Civil War (Archives): Manuscript Collections
The importance of the Campaign for Mississippi and the day Siege of Vicksburg can be viewed in several ways—with a driving tour brochure, a CD from the park bookstore, scanning QR codes at monuments with your phone, downloading the Civil War Trust Battle app or hiring a National Park Service Licensed Guide for a tour of the park. This allows you to ask specific questions to greater your understanding of the siege.
- Native North American Religious Traditions: Dancing for Life.
- The Fundamental Institutions of Capitalism (Routledge Frontiers of Political Economy)!
- The Blood Sugar Solution: The UltraHealthy Program for Losing Weight, Preventing Disease, and Feeling Great Now!?
- The Films of Ingmar Bergman (Cambridge Film Classics).
- Taming The Abrasive Manager: How To End Unnecessary Roughness In The Workplace (The Jossey-Bass Management Series).
Along the mile tour road the park includes 1, historic monuments and markers, 20 miles of historic trenches and earthworks, a The only remaining ironclad gunboat from the Civil War, the U. Cairo is on display. Stop for lunch at one of our fantastic restaurants.
With over restaurants in Vicksburg, you have plenty of options! Your guide will be happy to give you a recommendation for a great local spot. This antebellum structure towers above the city on a hill hallowed by history and is a perfect spot for a photo. Then head down to Catfish Row to visit the Old Depot Museum, a transportation museum that features ship models, exhibits of tow boats and riverboats, large Civil War gunboat collections and U.
Manuscript Resources for the Civil War
Navy vessels named for people and places in Mississippi. After museum hopping, go by your hotel to rest and get ready for an evening out in Vicksburg. Dine at one of our downtown restaurants with river views and take in some local flavor.
If you are up for it, sign up for one of our walking tours through Historic Old Town. We have 12 homes that are on tour year-round and available by appointment. Whether you are interested in what homes were like before the War Between the States or after Reconstruction, we have beautiful homes with fascinating stories to tell.
If a Union sympathizer in Mississippi claimed a loss during the Civil War due to Union military confiscation, he could apply to the Southern Claims Commission for reimbursement. Only a few applied, but their neighbors were called as witnesses and asked dozens of questions. Hundreds of the residents in a county may be mentioned in answers to Commission questions, and their wartime activities described. To learn how to find records mentioning these neighbors in Mississippi counties during the Civil War see the Southern Claims Commission.
- Memory and Memorials, 1789-1914: Literary and Cultural Perspectives (Routledge Studies in Memory and Narrative)!
- The Nation was divided, but both sides agreed: Vicksburg was Vital to Victory.
- Custer and His Naked Ladies (Turtle Trilogy Book 3);
- The Key to Civil War History Itinerary - Visit Vicksburg - Visit Vicksburg.
- History - Mississippi Tour Guide.
- Mississippi American Civil War Map of State Battles.
The group supported voting rights for black veterans, and lobbied the U. Congress to establish veterans' pensions. In the membership was , To request editing rights on the Wiki, click here. From FamilySearch Wiki.
Mississippi Military. Mississippi in the Civil War.
- Cookie Banner Guidance!
- Henry James and the Father Question.
- The World According to Al Qaeda.
- KEY TO CIVIL WAR HISTORY!
Local Units. Union Units.
About Mississippi State University Libraries
Beginning Research. Navigation menu Personal tools English. Namespaces Page Talk. Views Read View source View history. Research Wiki.